SUBMIT A RESUME TO .
Campbellsville Baptist Church
Discipleship & College Pastor
The Discipleship & College Pastor at Campbellsville Baptist Church is responsible for but not limited to:
- Establishing and evaluating comprehensive discipleship based programs for all ages and programs of the church (except for the music ministry).
- Identifying the need for and establishing or adopting programs to promote the college ministry of Campbellsville Baptist Church.
This staff member shall be under the general supervision of the Senior Pastor and is to cooperate with the Senior Pastor loyally and efficiently. The Discipleship Pastor shall offer supervision to the staff as delegated by the Senior Pastor and/or assigned in the Staff Ministry and Administrative Guidelines.
- Calling: The Discipleship & College Pastor must sense a call to discipleship ministry and to college students.
- Educational Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in theological or Biblical studies with significant discipleship ministry experience preferred.
- Relevant Ministerial Experience: Must exhibit knowledge and skill as it relates to discipleship and college ministry.
- Must demonstrate a mature Christian faith and show a commitment to Scripture, prayer, and sound doctrine in accordance with CBC’s statement of faith.
- Must adhere to the highest standards of integrity, honesty, transparency, and Christian behavior.
- Coordinate the program organizations of the church (excluding church music).
- Lead the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive program of Christian education.
- Assist coordinators in selecting, enlisting, and training workers for all programs (study courses, Discipleship Training, VBS, etc.)
- Lead the church to be aware of available educational materials and lead the church to choose the most suitable curriculum.
- Guide the Nominating Committee in the selection and enlistment of workers.
- Develop and maintain officers and teachers meetings, and teacher/leader enlistment and training programs.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in developing and administering of new member training programs.
- Recommend suitable educational building space and equipment.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in guiding program organizations in formulating ministry budget requests to be presented to the Budget/Finance Committee.
- Encourage, equip and support volunteer ministries such as Men’s Ministry, Women’s Ministry, Young at Heart Ministry, H.U.G.S. Ministry, etc. as they lead in their respective areas.
- Provide leadership to the Director, staff, and Board of Directors of the Campbellsville Child Development Center.
B. College Ministry
- Provide leadership, coordination, and vision for the college ministry.
- Oversee and work with the College ministry leaders to implement a strategy to connect college students to the church at large.
- Coordinate through college leadership team Bible study, social, and mission opportunities for college-aged students, whether students at Campbellsville University or those from our own church who go off to college elsewhere.
- Assists with preaching on Sunday and/or on Wednesday throughout the year as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Assists with pastoral care to the congregation, including home and hospital visits, funeral, and other opportunities for care.
- Assists in providing ministry counseling to the church membership and members of the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.